Subzi Pasanda : Zero Oil & Weight Loss Recipe – True to the name, “subzi pasanda” is a veggie dish you will love! calorie-laden cashewnut paste is replaced with a healthy paste made with cauliflower and onions. Serve hot with whole wheat parathas for a healthy meal.
How to make Subzi Pasanda
When on a weight loss regimen, it’s best to have foods that are delicious so that it doesn’t feel like you are torturing yourself and can continue it for a longer time. Traditionally, gravy or curry based vegetable preparations use rich cashew nuts paste to add thickness. The calorie-rich cashew nuts are replaced with a thick paste of cauliflower and onions in this recipe. You can also use nutritious cauliflower leaves for garnish in this recipe too. Just a small switch can make the recipe ideal for weight loss and keeps you fit.
Ingredients to make Subzi Pasanda
- 1 ½ cups mixed vegetables (carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, French beans, green peas)
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
- ¼ cup low fat curd
- ½ low fat milk
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
For the paste of Subzi Pasanda
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- ½ cauliflower, grated
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 clove
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 green chillies
- 1 medium piece ginger
- 2-3 cloves garlic
Method to make Subzi Pasanda
- First prepare the paste. For it, heat a nonstick pan and add all the ingredients listed for paste. Mix well. Simmer for 8-10 minutes so that onions and cauliflower turn soft. All the liquid will evaporate and the ingredients will be cooked properly.
- Allow it to cool and blend it in the grinder to make a fine paste.
- Mix the curd, milk and besan in a bowl to form a paste so that no lumps are formed. Set aside.
- Use a non-stick pan since you are cooking without oil. Once the pan is hot, add the cumin seeds. Once dry roasted, add the dried fenugreek leaves and dry roast them again.
- Mix the prepared onion and cauliflower paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on medium flame. Add few drops of water to prevent the paste from sticking or burning.
- Add the besan mix and stir. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt, garam masala and ½ cup water. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring it every minute.
- Add the mix vegetables that are boiled in salt water and chopped. Cook for a few more minutes until all flavours are blended.
- Serve hot with paranthas or bhakris. You can try a green parantha, jau or barley parantha or dal parantha with this recipe.